Monday, October 19, 2009

Pork Fried Rice

1/4 lb. ground pork
5 green onions, chopped
5 eggs
soy sauce
About 4 cups of cooked rice

*My sister in law emailed me this recipe ages ago and I've lost track of it. Sorry Ai, if you read this. I know that it's different from the original, but it's how I decided to make it when I couldn't find the recipe. ☺

In a large, deep skillet or wok, heat a small amount of vegetable oil, about 1 tsp. Add the ground pork and stir to break up and brown. You can season with salt and pepper while browning if desired. Remove from pan. If necessary, add another tsp. of oil. Put onions in the pan and stir fry for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the pan. Add another tsp. of oil if necessary and scramble the eggs. When scrambled, add the meat and onions back to the pan. If it seems like the rice will stick, you can add a little more oil to the pan. Add rice to the pan. Season with soy sauce. Stir fry until cooked through. I'm calling this a side dish, but it's so filling it really works as the main course.

No comments: