Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken Rolls

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c. cornstarch
1 c. ketchup
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4-1/2 c. teriyaki sauce (to taste)

Place chicken in a crock pot that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, with 1 quart of water and stir well. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 3-4 hours, or on low for 5-6. When chicken is cooked through, remove from crock pot and shred. Add cornstarch and stir well. Cook without lid on until sauce is thickened and bubbly, stirring often. Return shredded chicken to crock pot. Serve on hard rolls.

*Cooking times: I almost always use frozen, straight from the bag chicken breasts. I buy them from Costco and I hate taking the time to defrost them. So, my cooking times are always much longer. For example, with this recipe, I would cook on high for 6-8 hours, or on low for 10-12. Just thought I should share that (finally), in case anyone else cooks with those too. ☺

No comments: